Monday, February 23, 2015

Jonathan Crowley (not the author)






There are a lot of people saying nice things about Jonathan Crowley. Not the author by the same name, but the character I created. Don't get me wrong, I've heard a lot of praise for John Crowley and it's justified, but the names are only a happy coincidence.

So because people keep asking, here is a quick chronological breakdown of his appearances so far:

BOOMTOWN--A novel set in the Weird West, that has been a work in progress for a while now and that I plan on finishing it this year. A publisher is already in place.

BLACK TRAIN BLUES: A short story appearing in Midnight Echo Magazine issue Nine

THE DEVOTED: A serialized novella that appeared in LAMPLIGHT Volume Two and can now be found in the collected edition right here.

BLANK WHITE PAGE: A short story appearing in SNAFU: An Anthology of Military Horror

WHAT ROUGH BEAST: A Chap Book by White Noise Press starring Jonathan Crowley and his sometimes companion Khaarn.  This one was co-written with Charles R Rutledge and illustrated beautifully by Keith Minnion. It's almost sold out, so if you're interested, you should visit the link.

There are several more stories planned set in the same era.

WAR STORIES: A novella that showed up in SNAFU: HEROES: An Anthology of Military Horror

Want to know why I say these are in chronological order? because WAR STORIES takes place in the 1970's at the end of the Viet Nam war.

CHERRY HILL: A novel that deals more with Crowley's origin than anything else written so far. You can find it on Amazon right here. It actually takes place both before and after WAR STORIES.

UNDER THE OVERTREE In reality the novel is Crowley's first appearance. It was also my first novel. 

SERENITY FALLS: Writ In Blood: Book One

SERENITY FALLS: The Pack: Book Two

SERENITY FALLS: Dark Carnival: Book Three

The SERENITY FALLS trilogy was originally one book. When it was expanded, a goodly deal more information pertaining directly to Jonathan Crowley was added in what I have referred to more than once as "Jonathan Crowley's Adventures Across America." The series is currently out of print. I'll be rectifying that very soon.

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS: A short story done for Cemetery Dance. You can purchase the Kindle edition right here. Art by the incomparable Glenn Chadbourne.

LITTLE BOY BLUE:  A promotional chapbook from Morningstar Press that is long out of print. You can find it here, or you can be patient. In all likeliness I'll have it available for the Kindle soon at the very least. Cover art by the amazing Alex McVey.

VENDETTA: A novella about, well, a vendetta. It's also out of print. Currently it's rather costly. Though I suspect it can also be found for less.

Honorable mentions: Crowley is also referenced and or has a bit part in SMILE NO MORE, BLIND SHADOWS (with Charles R. Rutledge), CONGREGATIONS OF THE DEAD (Also with Charles), A HELL WITHIN (Pending and also with Charles) and my novel HARVEST MOON, BLOOD TIDE a short story, and BLOOD RED the novel.


There's more on the horizon.

Just a head's up as to where we stand at the moment.

Cover art for Vendetta, by the the spectacular Alan M. Clark

8 comments:

  1. I definitely loved the character in the Serenity Falls trilogy. Didn't know he appeared in so many other places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin,

      Truly glad you liked SERENITY FALLS, that makes me very happy! Mr. cfrowley tends to get around, and I've already promised one of my publishers a new novella starring him in the near future. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your SNAFU stories with Jonathan Crowley. Are the Serenity Falls books going to make it into digital media? I would buy them in a heartbeat if I could find them for kindle on Amazon or Ibooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John!
      Yes, actually, the Serenity falls books are now with Cohesion Press and coming out in then too distant future. Got a few more Crowley tales coming out from them as well. :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome. I was retired from the Army several years ago from nerve and spine damage from Iraq. And for years the VA just prescribed pain meds after pain meds. I decided that the meds were killing e slowly and robbing me of personality along the way, so I stopped taking them. One of the ways I keep from hurting is reading. I've found that reading distracts me from hurting. So between physical therapy and reading I've found a way to go without the meds. Though as a result I read somewhere around a hundred books or more a year (Depending on how good the book is I can finish a 3-400 page book in about 2 days or so. And because writing good books takes awhile i can't always go to my favorite authors or series. So I'm always on the lookout for good authors to read. I've read several of your other books, but reading a couple Jonathan Crowley books in the SNAFU series really put the books into me to read more. Thank you,

      Delete
    3. Pardon the grammatical errors please. Writing on a tablet and the print is small and at times I don't catch the errors. And it's bad form to have errors when actually writing to an author.

      Delete
    4. John, if ANYTHING I have wrtiten has helped with your pain over the years, then I am honored and delighted. Thank you for your service to this country, sir. Sorry to take so long, my friend, I never saw these responses.

      Delete