Sunday, February 24, 2013

Seven Forges and one Train

I'm going over the manuscript for my novel SEVEN FORGES coming out from Angry Robot Books within the next year. I tend to go over books a few times just to see if I can catch every typographical error (To date, I can't. Thank God for editors!) and I found myself actually enjoying the story. I think that's a positive sign.

I also find I'm drawn back to the characters in the book even when I'm working on other projects and that too is a positive sign for me. It means the characters aren't done telling me their stories. I have a couple of projects to finish hammering out and then I'll be starting on the sequel.

In the meantime I'm working on another collaboration with Charles R. Rutledge, and I'm in the homestretch of the first draft of BLOODSTAINED WONDERLAND with Christopher Golden. As soon as that's been finished, by the way, we'll be getting to work on BLOODSTAINED NEVERLAND. The books are a lot of fun to work on, but time slips past and both Chris and I tend to work on many, many projects during any given year.

On the subject of other projects, I recently finished the first draft of a Jonathan Crowley short story for the Australian Horror Writers Association's yearly magazine MIDNIGHT ECHO. It's a fun piece and has been accepted. I'm waiting for the editorial notes from Geoff Brown before I can go much further. Remember the headline for this article? That's where the train comes in and that's all I'm saying about the subject for now.

The story is a direct sequel to BOOM TOWN, which I will finish before the end of the year. It's mostly finished now, but deadlines being what they are a few other projects must take precedence. That does, however, mean that this will be a supernatural western as as is BOOM TOWN.

I'm currently polishing my steampunk trilogy outline and my dystopian zombie apocalypse coming-of-age young adult series outlines with plans to hand them over to my agent in the near future to get a little feedback.

All of which is to say I'm actually staying rather busy just now, but in a good way.

This pictures does sort of apply, but also, I just like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment