Wednesday, September 12, 2012

World Fantasy bound

So the  World Fantasy Convention  is in Toronto, Canada this year and after jumping through a few dozen hoops, it looks like I'll be going. I'm delighted. I need a few days away from the home front, I need a chance to see some friends and, of course, I need a chance to network (as as my wife used to say, a chance to Schmooze.).
 
With publishing going through so many interesting changes, I am looking to make new connections, reinforce previous associations and probably prove to a few people that I'm not really a stammering idiot, just one of those guys who tends to stare at walls at the worst possible times.
But let's be fair here, I'm also going for the dealer's room. Man, I haven't been in a gigantic collection of  used books, old magazines and bootlegged DVDs in MONTHS.

if you're going to be there, please feel free to introduce yourself. My favorite thing about conventions is meeting other people with similar interests and let's be honest here, if you're attending the World Fantasy Convention, the odds are amazingly good that we have a few things in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment