Saturday, September 8, 2012

The best laid plans

So I was doing my thing, working on multiple projects (it's a hobby. I really, really have to relearn how to focus) and plotting out the finish of my steampunk series, when a publisher I've been talking with very politely asked to see the rest of the Sword and Sorcery novel I've been writing.

Yep.

Sounds good. I am, of course, extremely excited by this very notion. I want to work with this publisher, because, frankly, I like what they've been doing a lot. Everything I've seen screams of the sort of dedication to publishing that I admire. Just one little problem.

I haven't finished the novel yet. Oh, sure, I did a LOT of it, but not all of it.

How to handle this: I could panic. That's always a viable option. Maybe not the best option, but definitely one of them. I could LIE and say that I'd sent the manuscript already, but you know what? In this day and age, that only delays for a short while, especially since we've been dealing with each other through emails, and those don't really get lost by the postman very often.

So, quick answer: I told the publisher I could send what I have and have the rest in about two to three weeks. Or he could just wait two to three weeks. To be fair, probably more like three.

He liked what he saw enough to not want to wait. I sent what I have.

Now I'm going back to writing. I have a novel to finish in the next few weeks.
I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment