Sunday, August 12, 2012

THE LONG BLACK TRAIN

Okay, I'll make this short and sweet: Most of what I want to say can be found here: Singular Points review-The Long Black Train.

I need to add a few things though: Damn. What a wonderful surprise. It's nice to see a tightly written, dark tale from time to time and even nicer when it surprises me with the intensity of the writing. Before I read the above review by Charles R. Rutledge (you know, my coauthor on BLIND SHADOWS and CONGREGATIONS OF THE DEAD) I had never heard of Heath Lowrance. Not surprising, really, as there are a lot of good authors I've never heard of. What was surprising was just exactly how good he is. Mr. Lowrance has won an instant fan. And like my coauthor before me, I broke down and bought the previous story with Hawthorne, our anti-hero. I'll be reading it soon, too. It went right to the top of my list.

Should you want to know more about the author or his works you can check out his blog right here: Heath Lowrance.

What? You thought I was kidding about reading a few westerns?

I'll also be watching the season finale of LONGMIRE tonight, when I'm done editing on BOOMTOWN, and then I'll be watching HELL ON WHEELS, the season two premiere.  I am an equal opportunity geek. If I like it, I'll watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could steer you toward Lowrance. He's one to watch, I think.

    ReplyDelete