Saturday, August 25, 2012

Neil Armstrong

I just heard that Neil Armstrong has passed away and I am a bit saddened by that fact. Only a bit. I must confess I never met the man. I am saddened not because he has left the world, but because I never got to meet him. And I am saddened, of course, for his family.
He was and is one of my heroes. He and Buzz Aldrin, along with every other astronaut ever to brave the stars, inspired me and millions of others. And at times when my life has seemed truly overwhelming, I have looked at the accomplishments of those folks and realized that no matter how daunting the world may seem, obstacles are made to be overcome.
And they can be overcome. That's the important part. So a moment of thanks for the fine folks who have reached for the stars and found them. Thank you so very much for the inspiration.
And welcome back to the heavens, Mr. Armstrong. We never met, but you will be missed.

Neil Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment