Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A small update

Well, Charles R. Rutledge is apparently as insane as I am. In just over a week we've now broken 27,000 words into the first draft of the sequel to BLIND SHADOWS. We are also, happily, getting several positive reviews for the first book (can't really get any reviews for the second book as we're A) still writing it and B) not showing it to anyone yet.). It's a lot of fun so far and I'm enjoying the whole process of building a story, creating character, revisiting other characters and preparing for some hardcore violence along the way.
It's interesting to me revisiting Wellman, Georgia in the aftermath of the last novel. A few new faces are required and the dynamics of the town have changed. Evolution is always a fascinating thing to watch, but as a writer I'm always drawn to seeing what changes have occurred because of the events that happened in the interim. I don't often do sequels (Not direct sequels though I often use the same characters) and it's a nice exercise in tapping into the imagination to see what happens after THE END.
Charles and I have discussed several scenes. A few of them, if we manage them properly, are going to be absolutely terrifying.

Here's hoping....


No comments:

Post a Comment